For this recipe you will need a food processor or something to blend up the spinach into a sauce (we used a Nutribullet).
- Pizza crust
- 1 Bag of spinach
- Garlic cloves (we used 2-3, but you can use more depending on your desired level of flavor)
-Oil of choice (we used avocado oil)
- Mozarrella cheese
- Optional: spinach used as a topping, and/or toppings of your choice
1. Prepare the pizza crust per directions on package (or you can be fancy and make your own crust!).
2. In a food processor, add in two handfuls of spinach, about a tablespoon of oil and garlic cloves. Process until smooth, add in more spinach and/or oil depending on your desired texture.
3. Spread spinach purée on pizza crust and top with mozzarella cheese, and, if you are using additional toppings, add toppings.
4. Bake per crust directions
5. Cool, cut and enjoy!
What an easy and fun way to include iron-rich spinach in your diet!