We believe that positive guidance strategies support children to understand how to engage with other human beings, how to engage in socially acceptable behaviors, how to use materials in a safe manner, and most importantly builds their self-esteem.
Based on our belief, we use the following strategies to help guide children:
1. We reflect on their behaviors.
2. We reflect on their feelings.
3. We reflect on what they are communicating to us.
4. We use personal messages.
5. We strive to create a "Yes" Environment.
6. We provide appropriate choices.
Click here to learn more about our positive guidance strategies used in our home-based program.
Written by Abhirami Gunasingam